Difference between revisions of "Help talk:Welcome to Livipedia"
|Line 277:||Line 277:|
[[Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199|188.8.131.52]] 08:24, 17 July 2013 (BST)
[[Special:Contributions/184.108.40.206|220.127.116.11]] 08:24, 17 July 2013 (BST)
Revision as of 14:18, 19 July 2013
This page is for new users editing. Please feel free to use this page for test messages or real questions.
- 1 Hi
- 2 Studio 6 help
- 3 Airport Express and Room Box 4
- 4 Living Control Roombox 6 - Display Pads
- 5 Room box 6
- 6 Newbie alert! Accessing Music Box 3 via my PC doesn't give me any editing options
- 7 Music box frozen -
- 8 Help with setup
- 9 Configuring a Roombox 4 - which software?
- 10 Display pad-S with V2.1 DPSE-PS AN MUCH MORE, PLEASE HELP!
- 11 roombox 6
This is a test message. Your message should look something like this. Martin Hogbin 18:48, 16 August 2011 (BST)
Studio 6 help
I am a complete novice to studio 6 but have bought the following items:-
Studio 6 server Room 6 audio 2 video keypads 2 dual rako keypads
I currently own the following equipment and have sub sorted them into rooms:-
Blu ray player
Sky + player
Need to add sk and studio 6
3 other rooms that need music...
What I am trying t achieve is the studio 6 cinema function in cinema room and lounge and also stream sk to both. I also want to stream all my iTunes music throughout the house and have radio and napster in all rooms
Question is does my sky etc wire straight into studio 6?
How do the video pads work if sky can't be wired into studio 6?
What I am trying to achieve is to tuck all my
- You seem to have bought a collection of Living Control bits without first finding out what they all do.
- The core of the system should be the RoomBox 6, which provides speaker level audio to 6 rooms. You need to take the audio inputs to the RoomBox 6 inputs. All the pads are connected by CAT5 cable to the jacks on the RoomBox. The line-level outputs from your audio sources go to the audio inputs on the RoomBox. You then need to configure the RoomBox using the PC configuration software.
- The Studio 6 is a video server which will play two HD video outputs and four audio outputs simultaneously. Wire the video outputs to the two rooms where you want video. Component video down coax is probably the easiest way to do this.
- I hope this gets you started. Please ask more questions if you need on this wiki, either on this page or on the discussion tab of any of the other pages. Martin Hogbin 22:45, 29 January 2012 (GMT)
Airport Express and Room Box 4
Hello - i have a Room Box 4 - what kind of cable do I need to buy to plug it straight into an Airport Express? Also - can you recommend an engineer to come and set it all up for me as Im rubbish at this sort of thing. I live in Bedfordshire.
- You will need a twin jack plug to two phono lead to connect Airport Express to the RoomBox 4. You will also need to configure the RoomBox to have a new input. Ask again here when you are ready to do this. Martin Hogbin 14:23, 6 February 2012 (GMT)
Ok am ordering a jack to 2 phono - are you able to kindly let me know know how I can then set it up? Many thanks. BTW I also have this - http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/02/redeye-mini-converts-iphone-ipad-or-ipod-touch-into-ir-beaming/
My aim is to be able to play the music from my phone through my house speaks via the control panels in each room. thanks!
- You might like to have a look at this page to get an idea of how to add the Airport as a new source. If anything is not clear you can ask here. Martin 14:40, 6 February 2012 (GMT)
Living Control Roombox 6 - Display Pads
I have had a Living Control Roombox 6 for almost 7yrs now & have had no problems with it. I have 3 display pads - kitchen, lounge & master bedroom. The display pads in the master bedroom & lounge are working but the one in the kitchen is blank (i.e. off)....could this be down to something as simple as replacing a battery??? Please help!
- No, this will not be a battery. You should first try unplugging it the plugging it back in again.
- Can you drive the system 'blind'? Try pressing the centre button a few times, this would normally play your first source. Martin Hogbin 23:56, 5 March 2012 (GMT)
Room box 6
Hi, I have a room box 6 which is approximately 10 years old. Would you be able to tell me how I can change the source details? Name and kind of input, currently as a cd player and i want to change to an iPod dock. Also is there anything available to control the system via iPad? As its an older system. Many thanks Jared
- You can change the source details with a PC and the configurations software which you can get from PC_configuration_software. You will be able to listen to the iPod dock output but not control it from the RoomBox. You would need a MusicBox to control the system with an iPad. Martin Hogbin 22:17, 16 May 2012 (BST)
Newbie alert! Accessing Music Box 3 via my PC doesn't give me any editing options
Hi, I've recently moved into a house where they have: Music Box 3 with v2.18 software Room Box 6 with v2.2 software
I have wired the Music Box 3 to my router, and can now see it (it is called 'MP3' - is that normal?). I have tried downloading various versions of the control software. One of them does allow me to play and skip tracks from my PC, but it doesn't have any other options like scrolling through lists of artists, adding / removing music or editing titles etc, I can just press previous or next, there aren't even any names visible.
On all software versions I've tried, it cannot automatically detect, instead it has an area at the bottom of the blue screen called 'Manual Connection', and then 'Address'. I have no idea what I am meant to put in here, but I typed 'MP3' and I could play and skip tracks, does that mean I have 'manually connected' or would I have been able to do that anyway?
Posts on the Wikipage say to take the software from the 'Client' folder - when I open my Music Box 3 from 'networks' on my PC, there is no 'Client' folder, just a folder called 'Import' which is empty, and one called 'Musicbox' which is full of music in sub-folders by alphabetic letter.
What version of software should I try, and where can I get it? Am I actually connected by Ethernet, or has the Music Box 3 somehow connected itself to my network wirelessly? If not, is there a way to connect it wirelessly? What should I key into the 'Manual Connection - Address' field? Why won't my Music Box 3 appear in the 'Detected Music Boxes' list? How do I edit my music with the software given that I only have play, skip and stop options on my control software? Can I just delete music manually by accessing the MB3 via networks on my PC, and add music in the same way by dragging into 'Import'? If so, what does the software really add?
Ultimately I just want to be able to a). remove the previous owners music and add my own, and b). control it (i.e select specific albums froma list etc) from my PC. Is this possible with Music Box 3, or only with MB5 and upwards?
EDIT: The last link at the bottom here: http://dealers.livingcontrol.com/MusicBox_Control_Clients_For_Windows.html suggests that it is for my MB3 software version 2.18, but when I donload it, it's not really a full control app, it's just like a remote control with the very basics on it... :/
EDIT2: As a completely different alternative way to achieve what I want, would it be easier to get Airport Express, connect it to my Room Box 6, and play my music that way? Is that fairly easy to do? At present my Room Box 6 has 5 operating 'channels', Music 1, 2 and 3, then also Sky and DVD - how easily could I convert 'Music 1' to feed from an Airport Express instead?
Many thanks. Scarlet Jim 20:00, 29 November 2012 (GMT)
- Jim, the software version that you have quoted shows us that you have a very old MusicBox so the PC software that works with it is also a very old version with limited features.
- The MusicBox software you have is too old for us to send you an update disc so, to get it updated, you would need to send it back to us. You might like to look at this option, email for a price. Alternatively we could just do a software upgrade for you for a bit less. Martin Hogbin 18:48, 30 November 2012 (GMT)
- Airport Express works well with the RoomBox 6. You would need to reconfigure the RoomBox for one of the inputs to be a generic source with no titles. See RoomBox_6_PC_configuration_software for details on how to do this. You could name the source 'Airport' or whatever you like. Martin Hogbin 18:53, 30 November 2012 (GMT)
Thanks for the info Martin. If you email a price to me that owuld be good. However in the short term I think I will try the other option, connecting RB6 to Airport Express, and see how that works for a few months before splashing out on an upgrade without knowing the equipment properly. You say above that I need to reconfigure RB6 for one of the inputs 'to be a generic source with not titles' - sorry if its a foolish question, but what does that mean? LivCon is all new to me I'm afraid. At present, my RB6 has 5 'channels' operating, Music 1, 2 and 3, then Sky and Dvd. Do I need to amend one of them, or create a new one? How do I create it as 'a generic source with no titles'? Scarlet Jim 21:16, 1 December 2012 (GMT)
- You want a source with no titles, otherwise you will be asked to select a title every time you play the Airport. Using the config software mentioned above, just set the relevant source to say 'Sky' and then change the name to 'Airport'. Download and run the config software and it all may become a little clearer. If you have any problems using the software ask for help on the associated talk page. Or you could just use the existing 'Sky' input, so long as you do not mind it being shown on the pads as 'Sky'. Martin Hogbin 23:37, 1 December 2012 (GMT)
Can I use LivCon to control a light (outside my house) via internet?
I want to fit a 200W floodlight on the side of my house, and control it via the internet (motion sensor or local remote is no use as I want to turn it on when I am several hundred yards away).
I've seen several non-LivCon solutions that require me to wire the external light to a lightswitch in my hallway, then a). replace the existing lightswitch with a compatible wifi lightswitch, and b). purchase a receiver / transmitter which plugs into my router. I then send a message via internet (from anywhere in the world), message goes via my router to the receiver / transmitter, then on to the wifi lightswitch.
Can I use my existing LivCon system to do this or something similar, or does it only work with local Wifi / remote, not internet? If I can do it, what additional products do I need? What wifi lightswitches will be compatible?
Thanks, Scarlet Jim 12:01, 26 December 2012 (GMT) PS As this has attached to my previous post, might as well mention that my adaptor and Airport Express should both arrive next week, allowing me to access my Roombox 6 using my laptop, so then I will be able to set it up for all my audio needs - so apologies in advance if that leads to lots more questions! :)
- The RoomBox 6 does not have any features that will help with your security light although we are going to add some audio and lighting security features to the RoomBox NT.
- Please ask any questions you like about Airport Express integration. Martin Hogbin 23:40, 27 December 2012 (GMT)
Music box frozen -
Hi. My music box 3 is not responding to any of the controls and the music cannot be accessed from the rooms (it says *title error*). I have tried to reboot (turn off and off and also disconnect the power) without success. This has been a while so I thought I would ask if there is a way to reset or something?
- Do you have the menu on the MusicBox display, or does it just say, 'MusicBox Powered by Startide'? Martin Hogbin 22:53, 17 April 2013 (BST)
Help with setup
Hi Martin Fred Davis here from Luton! Please advise the best way forward regarding my setup. I currently have a roombox 6 v 2.2 which is currently saying "error 001 contact your dealer for advice". the serial number of this unit is 3146
Secondly I have a Musicbox-nt v3.76 which appears ok without any error codes Thirdly I have a Roombox nt v1.05 this also appears ok. I also have another music box which does not light up and has not worked from when I purchased it in 2011.
I would like to know
1)What is the latest software version that can be updated to my working units and how do I find and load the updated software to enable them to work together?
Updating the software in probably not that important but can be done. The RoomBox 6 requires a chip, which you can get from us. The RoomBox NT can be updated with a PC and our updater software which you can get from:
The latest NT software version is here:
2) how can I solve the error code of the Roombox 6
You just need to set the configuration
Download the config software from:
3) the e pads that I have are not nt versions which you said are not compatable with the Roombox NT where can i get the updated nt version videopads of which I need three and the display pads of which I need three?
All the NT pads are completely different from the old ones. You will need to buy NT pads.
4) How can I tell if I have NT compatable display pads as I have two types currently some are flat faced while others are more bulky and have v 2.0 inside.
Easiest is to plug them into the RoomBoxes and see if they work. It will not harm them to be plugged into the wrong box.
5) can I get the roombox 6 to work with the musicbox-nt and save the expense of the nt pads or long term is it better to set up the roombox nt with the musicbox nt and purchase the correct wall units.
Yes, the MusicBox can be connected to any of our RoomBoxes, you need a straight through serial lead.
6) I believe that there is a apple software that i can use on my iphone 4s to enable it to programme and control my nusic system
Yes, get the system working first and I will send you a free download code
7) I have a pure dab drx-702es that i want to enable with this system please confirm that this is compatable
That should work with the RoomBox 6. You will have to add the code yourself for the NT. See:
8) the roombox nt came with 3 ir transmitter smartpath ire 3.0 can this be used on the pure drx-702es
I am not familliar with that particular IR emitter but the Roomboxes work with most types.
Any other info that you can provide will be readily accepted Regards
Fred18.104.22.168 16:25, 25 May 2013 (BST)
Have a good look around the wiki. Most things should be there. If it is not just ask here. Martin Hogbin 22:08, 26 May 2013 (BST)
Configuring a Roombox 4 - which software?
Hi, I've just inherited a LC setup with a Roombox4 and Musicbox 3. I'd like to add some further sources and change the existing, it looks like I need some configuration software to do this, along with a serial cable? The software download page seems to only have roombox NT software - does this cover Roombox 4? Can anyone point me in the right direction with this? Any clarification would be great.
- The RoomBox four is configured from the zone 1 pad. For instructions see here. It is rather limited in the sources that it supported. Ask here if you have any more questions. Martin Hogbin 20:56, 17 June 2013 (BST)
- Thanks for this - very useful. Inevitable next question: Is there any way to configure new sources which aren't already listed?
- No, I am sorry but there is no way to do this unless the source uses the same IR codes as an existing one. Martin Hogbin 09:37, 18 June 2013 (BST)
Display pad-S with V2.1 DPSE-PS AN MUCH MORE, PLEASE HELP!
Hi all, this is my first posting so please bare with me. I am in the process of purchasing an old part renovated part bodged house that i will have within the next month. The house has two roombox6 and a musicbox3, they look in quite good condition but dont have any control pads or wiring with them. I may have jumped in feet fits because i have just purchased 12 new old stock display pads there the "S" type and they have V2.1 on the box,My questions are this:-
1 How by looking and not firing up the roombox6 can i tell if it is an "S" or an "NT"?.
- They are unlikely to be NT versions. These have has a large square chip in a socket and a 14-pin surface mount chip (IC2)
2 If the roombox6 are "S" then will all "S" display pads work even V2.1?.
3 Are there any known bugs with display pad "S" V2.1?.
4 Are both the display pads and the roombox6 updateable and if so are there any benefits of doing this?.
- There is not much reason to update either, unless there is a radio tuner that you wish to control that is not supported by the version that you have.
5 This is puzzling me, one roombox6 has 2 blanking plates on the back left and right side around 6"X 1" in size it also has 6x green 4 pin speaker plugs and the other roombox6 on its 6"x 1" plates has 3x what look like optical inputs labeled SOURCE1,2&3 and the other plate has a p/c like socket on it and has 6 green speaker plugs also except they are what looks like screw in terminals not plugs, any ideas?.
- The RoomBox with the optical inputs has a digital input module fitted. The socket on the other panel is for connection to our CVX video switcher. The speaker plugs are demountable terminal block. The plugs with terminals will unplug. Wire the speakers into the terminals. See Speaker_connections for details.
6 The Musibox that looks like a standard musicbox3 but it has 15 phono sockets on the rear unlike the standard 8 any ideas?. Kind regards Jeremy 22.214.171.124 23:13, 19 June 2013 (BST)
- If you type for tildes ~ after your message it will automatically sign and date it for you
- Like this: Martin Hogbin 00:19, 20 June 2013 (BST)
I believe that the battery that maintains the memory in my roombox 6 software version 2.2 is dead and requires replacing. I have removed the cover and cannot see where the battery is on the top pcb,as stated on line, nor can I see any cable wire holding it. please confirm which component is the battery and the cost to send a replacement battery and fitting instructions.(I had to reset the whole system on the cpu as we had a powerfail over the weekend)Also can this cpu be updated? and if so what do I need to make it happen? the internal chip states version synl v2.2
Can you also point me to the right direction as to how to obtain the iphone software and have it set up to control my system ?
when loading new songs on my music box the cd online finder does not detect the album but fails continualy,I can see the musicbox in my network and can see and edit titles online so I know that it is working please point me to the correct site so that I can get the music box to find and retrieve the albums
my pure dab radio does not appear to change channels on my system I can only listen to one station (ABSOLUTE RADIO)what am I doing wrong?
Last but not least I can only detect two inputs of my music box not three as my roombox does not have digital input module and on my music box there are only two analogue outputs and one digital output how can I get around this (hope that my question makes sense)
Thanks in advance for your help
Fred Davis 126.96.36.199 08:24, 17 July 2013 (BST)
- Fred, the battery chip does not look like a battery it is a black block like the other chips. It is secured by a cable tie.
- Regarding the radio and MusicBox, have you set up the system yourself. Dis is ever work? 188.8.131.52 14:18, 19 July 2013 (BST)