Talk:Main Page Archive 2
This is an archive of the Main Page discussion from January 2011 to March 2011. The current discussion page is here
- 1 Cannot write MP3 files to the import directory
- 2 Getting Music Box 3 working with Event!
- 3 Philips Pronto control module
- 4 Adding New SKY HD box to CVX-S and clashing remote Sky+/SkyHD
- 5 Rakopad-S Problems
- 6 New MusicBox software not compatible with Roombox 4 and display pads ??
- 7 Training - would it possible to add training/configuration/setup material on LivingControl products please
- 8 Importing to Studio6
- 9 RoomBox 4 software with the Mac
- 10 IR control of DAB tuner
- 11 Setting up a Roombox8NT with a Studio6
- 12 Music Box 3 GUI
- 13 ColourPadNT software update.
- 14 Loading bluray discs on studio six
- 15 Upgrade RB4/MB3 to RB6/MB NT
- 16 displypad update
- 17 Volume Levels
- 18 Adding a CVX-HD to a RoomBox6
- 19 CVXS-HD Sources
- 20 Roombox NT config errors
- 21 Delete films on studio6
- 22 Room Box NT and Colour Pad Latest Software
- 23 Clock
- 24 Will the old MRS controller work with the Musicbox?
Cannot write MP3 files to the import directory
I can see the musicbox3 on my XP windows pcs. I can access the files (all log files and all music files) and copy them to my PC but I cannot write to the directory. I have always been able to do this but for some reason the Musicbox3 will not allow this anymore.
Having checked this with a IT support expert, he tells me that permissions cna only be granted.changed on the server box and nnot via the PC that is accessing the drive. What has goe wrong? Is there any solution to this? Is the software in the Musicbox Linux? If so, is there a login so that the permissions can be changed to 777 ie RW for all?
- Thanks for your enquiry, I have not seen this before but I will try to get the answer for you. Martin Hogbin 21:00, 4 January 2011 (GMT)
- I have spoken to the engineers for product and they seem to think that the problem must be in your network. Ther is no way for you to change permissions on the MusicBox. Martin Hogbin 16:58, 6 January 2011 (GMT)
Martin - This has always worked without any issues. I am told by the IT expert that there is no way of changing the permissions of the target directory except from the target itself ie Only the Music box can grant permissions. It happens from 2 diferent Microsoft PCS both running different versions of the OS.
- Can you give me more details of the exact configuration. What kind of network are you on? Martin Hogbin 13:48, 7 January 2011 (GMT)
It seems to be OK. All I did was go into teh router and change the password. This may have reset the router but no changes were made to the PC or teh network or the Musicbox3. So whilst it is working, I am not sure what really made it work. Any ideas?
- Windows networks seen prone to strange quirks like this. When you changed the password it probably caused the router to redo some of the network settings. Martin Hogbin 18:34, 10 January 2011 (GMT)
Getting Music Box 3 working with Event!
I have an old Event! that used to work with an iMerge that has now died. I have replaced it with a second hand Music Box 3. I have now got the Event! running on Version 4.1, but there remain 3 problems 1) The Event! is not talking to the MB3. This may be because I have not configured the outputs correctly (I chose Music Box 3 as the source, but perhaps that was wrong?) The display pads are still talking to the Event! since the Arcam DAB controlled by IR is working from the pads (they are the older, 3 buttons beside each other type). The RS232 type connector is securely attached at both ends. Could the Music Box be the wrong firmware version (MB 3 3.46 ). Or perhaps the comms cable is wrong - it has 2 of the pins connected by a wire, which may perhaps have been a modification for the iMerge control? 2) I am unsure how to connect the MB3 physically to the Event!. The connectors have output 1, output 2, input and digi3. The first 2 are clear and work (i.e. if I start a song running from the MB3 and then choose that source in a room, I can hear it, although not control it. But input doesn't sound like it would be output 3 (and it doesn't play back) nor does digi3 work as an analogue output. How should the third output be connected? Or am I totally confused and an MB3 only has 2 analogue outputs?! 3) I have no software for a computer to attach, so no way to get my previously ripped files onto the MB 3. The manual section on this wiki wants me to be a dealer, while I do not know how to get the software.
Thanks for your help.
- If you put for tildes (~~~~) after your post. The system will automatically sign and date it for you.
- Let me start with the MB not talking to the Event. I presume that you see the sources Music1 and Music2 on on your DisplayPads. What do you see on the pad when you select, say, Music1? Martin Hogbin 22:54, 6 January 2011 (GMT)
Actually, I see the sources as 1 Music 3, 2 Music 3 and 3 Music 3. Then, if I select 1 Music 3, I see Playing on one line and 1 Music3 on the next. Pressing the centre button again I see a choice to change "Track" but no titles. If there is nothing playing, nothing starts, and if there is, nothing changes.Musicant 11:16, 7 January 2011 (GMT)
- I think I know the problem. The terminology used on your PC setup software is a little confusing. The source marked as MusicBox3, refers to the output 3 on your MusicBox not the model name (MusicBox3). What you need to do is set the first MusicBox source on your RoomBox to MusicBox1, then connect output 1 on the MusicBox to the appropriate input on the RoomBox. Set the next source to MusicBox2 and connect appropriately. The third MusicBox output is digital only and if you want to use this you will need either a digital input module from us or a separate D to A converter. Martin Hogbin 13:55, 7 January 2011 (GMT)
I understand. I have adjusted the configuration (from the front display on the Event! because I still don't have any PC setup software. Now I see the sources as 1 Music1 etc. If I select Music 1, I see a second line saying Disc 1, which I can shift to Disc 2, etc. But nothing plays (and obviously no titles). Furthermore, under Music2 and Music3 (which is not connected) I do not even see the Disc 1 info.Musicant 14:45, 7 January 2011 (GMT)
- I forgot you did not have the PC software. The front panel software was not kept up to date as the config was generally done via a PC. You will need to go to our web site and click 'trade login' (I will email you the password). Then go to legacy products, where you will be able to download 'MRS & EVENT! Configuration & Titles Programming Software'. You may need to find an old PC to use as I am not sure if this runs on anything later than Windows 2000. Ideally you want a PC with a COM port otherwise you will need a USB to serial converter. Martin Hogbin 15:14, 7 January 2011 (GMT)
It works! I can now control the MB3 from the display pads. FYI the Configuration and Titles Programming Software works fine under Windows XP. Now I only need to know how to transfer my existing files from a PC to the MB3 - I only have 3 albums to control at the moment!Musicant 14:04, 8 January 2011 (GMT)
- Excellent! If you connect the MusicBox to your network, just plug it in to your router, you should be able to find it from a PC on the same network. In the MusicBox you should find a folder called 'import'. Drag your music (mp3 or flac) into this folder. Martin Hogbin 17:13, 8 January 2011 (GMT)
Transferring audio files to the MusicBox
OK. I have tried that but after dragging a large number of files into import, the first I dragged on its own then appeared in music, but the rest are all still in import. There were a few m4a files I dragged across in error and they are in the rejected folder in import, but that happened with an earlier smaller import so I don't think that is the issue. What I can see is that, although the copying completed, there is no import log for the large transfer (of over 20GB). Is there perhaps a limit to how much can be imported at one time? (If I try to import just one additional album, it also stays in the import folder now.) How do I get the box to accept the 80+ albums that were accepted but still in import? Do I delete something, reset something, try again, or what? Also, I see that there is software for playing music from the PC. Can I download the player software? Finally, the configuration programme I downloaded has a title editor. How does that work - i.e. some of the titles that were imported need to be adjusted. If I change them in the software and thus in the Event!, will they then be changed on the MB3?Musicant 22:31, 8 January 2011 (GMT)
- There was a known problem with transferring too many files at a time to early MusicBoxes. You may need to try removing them from the 'import directory' and re-loading them a few at a time.
- The title editor in PC configuration software is only for titles that are held in the Event, such as radio stations. To change titles on the MusicBox you need the MusicBox control software. The first place to look for this is on the MusicBox itself. Is there a folder called something like 'clients' or 'PC clients' on your MusicBox? Martin Hogbin 11:07, 10 January 2011 (GMT)
I successfully loaded the tracks in smaller lumps. I think there is also a problem with very long metadata titles - I got unknown prefix, at which point I had to reboot the MusicBox to get it to accept songs again.
I found the software in the clients folder and I have it working (under Parallels too, in case any Mac owners are interested)
Thanks for all your helpMusicant 20:16, 10 January 2011 (GMT)
Philips Pronto control module
I am searching for this, but it's never been uploaded to Philips, nor remotecentral, nor Living control themselves, nor the Wiki.
- I am trying to get hold of it for you so that I can put it on the wiki for download. Martin Hogbin 13:08, 10 January 2011 (GMT)
Failing that, the RS232 control codes would be good. We'll build you at least a 1 way module today then, and post it back here.
Further to this, there is not even any IR control code!!! This is utterly DESPERATE! we must have some way of controlling it by universal remote!
Is there such a thing as a system remote for it? We could learn the code off that. But we have nothing, and there seems to be nothing on the internet.
- The Pronto module and codes are under the Trade login on our web site under 'Product support'  Martin Hogbin 10:21, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
Got the module, sadly it requires newer studio 6 software than is on our server. The update server is no longer available it seems. Is there/will there be a solution to that? We'll have to use IR or serial for the present. Is there a serial control library anywhere? Haven't found that yet.
- I am not quite sure exactly what you wish to do. Could you explain please> Martin Hogbin 16:14, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
OK.... The pronto module communicates with IP, just like the PC software. Unfortunately, it requires a server software version newer than we have, and the software update server is no longer available, clearly Living control Ltd were maintaining it (studioupdateserver.com) So, in order to have robust control of the system, it would be desirable to use RS232 control, rather than IR. We have the ability to send and receive 232 commands, so does the system. So, I assume there must be an RS232 control code list somewhere. There's a port for it.
The IR commands require an IR receiver in each room it seems. They are not zone specific.
- I do not think we have a set of RS232 commands for controlling the complete system via a Studio 6. The way we normally suggest is to control the RoomBox using our own IR controls and to navigate through the Studio 6 using Sky, Sky+, or our special codes. Martin Hogbin 18:56, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
That's not what I am trying to do. I want the RS232 codes, like AMX and crestron use, to control the RB NT. I want source selection. The IR codes do zip all, simply don't work. I fully understand that the RS232 is for the NT, not the server. The server can control the roombox with the IP module, but not with RS232 is what you are telling me. Which is fine. If the system can be integrated with Crestron, it has RS232 codes. The IR is a nightmare, it may be plasma interference. I don't really want to go to town down this route though. What I'd like to do is update the server software to a compatible version. Is there gong to be a solution for that? If we had the software, we could maybe change the server location to a local one, in the house, and do it that way
- The RoomBox NT does not have RS232 control. I do not understand what you mean by, 'change the server location to a local one'. Martin Hogbin 00:16, 12 January 2011 (GMT)
- You can update the Studio ^6 software by setting the update address to www.ourspaceship.com Martin Hogbin 00:19, 12 January 2011 (GMT)
How the hell does Crestron control it then, and what are that row of nine pin ports? Anyway, I think you have fixed our main issue. We have a running update server? Magic, thank you.
- Good to hear that you fixed the main problem. The Crestron module is very old and only for the RB6. The RS232 ports are the RoomBox to control other things. Martin Hogbin
Adding New SKY HD box to CVX-S and clashing remote Sky+/SkyHD
The sky box only has HDMI not component, what is the best way to connect to the CVXS please. Also, I have a problem with remote clashing in the AV rack ie when Sky+ user changes channel/pauses etc it also affects the SkyHD box in the same manner - is this a set up issue and can it be fixed?Gamekeeper1 21:58, 10 January 2011 (GMT)
- To connect the Sky box to the CVX-S you will need an HDMI to component converter. Try HD Fury  for a suitable product. These use the same modules that we fit in our latest, HDMI compatible, CVX-HD video switcher. Martin Hogbin 22:24, 10 January 2011 (GMT)
- SkyHD and Sky+ use the same set of remote control codes. Depending on how your system is wired and set up, you may be able to overcome the clash in your rack.
- Both the RoomBox 6 and the RoomBox NT have two methods of sending IR commands from the pad in the room to the source. It look as as though you may be using global IR passthrough in which in signals from all pads are sent through to a single global output on the RoomBox. This is often used for controlling Sky boxes as the passthrough works from all rooms even when the RoomBox is turned off in that room.
- If your system is set up so that you select Sky+ or SkyHD from a room, which sounds likely as you have a CVX, you could use source-specific IR passthrough. This creates an IR link from the room to the source when a source is selected in that room. For example, when you select Sky+ in the kitchen the system will create an IR link from the pad in the kitchen to the SkY+ box only. The signals will not be sent to other sorces, such as your Sky HD box.
- Let me know if you have to select the required Sky box from the room to watch it and what RoomBox you have and I will tell you how to set up source-specific IR passthrough. Martin Hogbin 22:38, 10 January 2011 (GMT)
Clashing remote codes with skyHD and Sky+ are common to all rack mount installations. Even with source specific IR, you may well need to screen the IR stickies to make sure there is no leakage. You can get sticky rubber covers for this purpose, AWE sell them for Kinetix IR kits. They have the added advantage of keeping the IR blaster firmly stuck on the box.
- Thanks for your advice. With visible blink emitters there is not usually a problem but, if there is crosstalk, use the covers as suggested. Martin Hogbin 10:38, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
Thank you for this, I will respond more fully later when I get home, in the meantime what colour HDFury do I order blue or green? Thanks again Gamekeeper1 13:28, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
- You need a product that will convert your HDMI to component video. We use the HD Fury II in our new CVX. Martin Hogbin 16:11, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
I have ordered the HDFury3 so will hook it up when it arrives.
As regards the set up, in fact I only access the HD box in one room which has a dedicated AV receiver but is connected to the CVX. The rest of the house can only access the Sky+ (as well as DVDs/Tuner etc). I am guessing it is therefore set up as global passthrough since that would have been (and indeed was) fine before acquiring the second sky box. If you can advise how to set source-specific up I will try it out.
Thanks and regardsGamekeeper1 21:18, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
Been running system with Rakopad-S for around 4 years and lighting control buttons have begun to fail/be erratic on the most heavily used rooms, what can be done please to fix this? One of the windows has lost its blue light and consequently you can't see what source is playing - is this a bulb that needs replacing or is there another way to fix it? Also on some circuits lights occasionally flash constantly but next time they are turned on can be absolutely fine - any thoughts?
- It sounds like you have two problems here. Firstly it seems that the Rako modules have worn out and will need to be replaced. Do you use them a lot? Secondly it looks as if the LED backlights in the DisplayPads have also worn out. This is not particularly common. If you can answer some questions, I will suggest the best course of action for you.
- Which RoomBox do you have RoomBox 6 or Roombox NT?
- How many pads do you have with problems?
- Can you look and see what kind of connector the RakoPads have on them. Is it an RJ45 (network style plug) or a demountable terminal block?
- Which lights are flashing, the house lights or the DisplayPad backlights?
- Whereabouts in the country are you? Martin Hogbin 23:03, 10 January 2011 (GMT)
I have 3 pads with problems, two of them get used quite a lot (Lounge, Kitchen) and one less so (master bath) others are working fine but used much less. One of these 3 also has the LED backlight problem. The pads have the demountable terminal blooks. I have a RoomBox 6. As regards the flashing lights funnily enough I have experienced both, the pad before it stopped altogether but now it is a strip of lights and some individual lights ie they are on their own separate circuits.
I am in Hertfordshire.
Many thanks again Martin.Gamekeeper1 20:54, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
- We can repair the pads for you but we do not have anyone in your area who could come out to you so you will have to return them to us. The problem is that you will have no light control while we have the pads. We could possible send you the parts to fix the Rako pads but you will definitely have to send the pad with the faulty display back to us. What would you like to do? Martin Hogbin 23:44, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
- To change the IR control you will first need to download and install the PC config software RB6_v5_1_2.exe [] You will also need a PC with a serial port or use a USB to serial converter. Alternatively we might be able to find a dealer who could come out and do it all for you. Martin Hogbin 00:10, 12 January 2011 (GMT)
Hi Martin, thats sounds great, we have secondary light sources in the rooms that can tide us over while they are being repaired. So do I take it that I just take out and send over the light controls to you and the complete unit where the LED has also stopped working? Where should I send them to? My wife reminded me that we also have a DisplayPad that has stopped working (this is not a room we currently use so I forgot) can I send that also?
Did you have any ideas on the flashing lights? could that be faulty dimmer modules?
I have ordered a serial converter and will try to do it myself first and will shout if I need a dealer to drop by.
thank youGamekeeper1 21:19, 12 January 2011 (GMT)
- Send the pads for repair to: Reverberate Ltd, 3 Detillens Lane, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0DH - we will let you know the cost. I suggest you mark the rooms that they came from.
- I suggest you contact Rako directly about the flashing lights.
- Ask on the wiki if you need any help with the IR control. Martin Hogbin 22:11, 12 January 2011 (GMT)
Martin, I ordered a USB to RS232 cable but keeps failing to connect, is there a specific cable that you can recommend and I will order that and retry. ThanksGamekeeper1 21:26, 17 January 2011 (GMT)
- See USB to serial converter ones made by Prolific seem to work well. Martin Hogbin 22:18, 17 January 2011 (GMT)
New MusicBox software not compatible with Roombox 4 and display pads ??
My MusicBox cooked it's hard drive last summer and I had it repaired at Westerham. Whilst it was there, the technician "did me a favour" and upgraded the software on it to the latest version (where the artwork is displayed and there is more detail about the artist etc). When I connected it up to my RoomBox 4, I cannot access it from the Display Pads around the house. If I try to play a disc vis a display pad, it just shows "title error". I am able to get music to play in the various zones by selecting "Music 1" when I have the album playing in my main room (controlled via the MusicBox interface on the TV). It's very hard to explain all of the symptoms and what I can and can't do, but it would appear (not only to me, but to people with greater knowledge than I) that the new software could well be the problem, not allowing the Display Pads to "talk" with the MusicBox. Martin, having spoken to you today I believe that you think that it might be possible to alter the software on the RoomBox 4 which may solve the problem (or at least be worth a try !). Can you please let me know how this might be carried out? I do appreciate all help given.CliveHeath 14:53, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
- It is worth trying to update the RoomBox 4 firmware. Although this can be done without opening the box, this requires a special lead and you to download some software for your PC. It might be easiest for us to send you a new chip to swap with the one in your RoomBox. You will need to open the box up to change chips. Give me your address by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the chip. Martin Hogbin 16:04, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
Thanks very much for the prompt response. I've e mailed you my address details as requested.CliveHeath 16:40, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
I've received the new chip and swapped it with the one in my RoomBox 4. After re-configuring the MusicBox settings, I'm delighted to say that this has solved my problems. Thanks very much indeed for your help. Best regards, Clive
CliveHeath 14:42, 27 January 2011 (GMT)
Training - would it possible to add training/configuration/setup material on LivingControl products please
Would it be possible to add training material such as schematics, configuration steps etc.ISmart 16:23, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
- I will start a page. Martin Hogbin 17:54, 11 January 2011 (GMT)
- I have just started the page Introduction_to_Living_Control_systems. I am not sure if it is the kind of thing you are looking for but I intend to expand it. I suggest you make any comments about it on the associated talk page rather than here.
Importing to Studio6
We have a client that has been very happy with his studio 6 for a number of years and has always imported his movies by slotting in a DVD and away you go. However as with many clients he has built up a collection of movies in his iTunes collection. Please could you tell me if it is possible for him to transfer these files accross to the Studio 6 from a MAC and or PC? IF yes what file formats will they need to be in so the Studio6 can play back and what is the procedure to do this?
- You can import files by dragging them into the 'User' folder on the Studio 6 on a network. I am trying to get a list of acceptable file types, however, you can try any file type, if the Studio 6 does not like them it will reject them. Martin Hogbin 12:14, 18 January 2011 (GMT)
RoomBox 4 software with the Mac
Is there anything that can be done with the RB4 at all for Mac use or should I get the customer to try to run PC emulation software on the Mac?
- Your customer will have to run a PC emulation to use our software with the Mac. Martin Hogbin 17:33, 17 January 2011 (GMT)
IR control of DAB tuner
Another customer has been having problems with his system. Paul Slater was trying to solve it for us but obviously isn’t now. He has a RB6 and MB3, a videopad AV and 5 standard pads. The keypads no longer seem to be able to control his DAB tuners (they work by IR) although they were fine for years. System went in in 2005.
- I would suggest that it might be the tuner. Try restarting it then check that the tuner's original remote control will operate it. After that, try using IR passthrough and see if you can control the tuner that way. If not check the blink emitter is in the correct place. Martin Hogbin 17:37, 17 January 2011 (GMT)
Setting up a Roombox8NT with a Studio6
Setting up a Roombox8NT with a Studio6
I have installed a Roombox8NT with a Studio6 but i still have some questions that i cannot find here on Wiki or on the dealersite/manual. I might need new firmware? here are my components and soft/firmware versions.
Living Control Setup januari 2010
Living Control Roombox NT V1.05
Living Control Studio6 V 3.86.3
Living Control CVX HD (component inputs, not used at the moment)
Living Control software Roombox NT V5.2.0 (windows laptop)
Living Control MusicBox client software V1.33 (Max OsX)
Living Control iPhone app
I cannot control the zones with the iPhone app or the PC interface, what do i need to configure?
Are these the latest firmware and software versions?
I want to know what other Living Control components cost me such as a Rako RS232 interface and a videopad (i already have the Brushed front plate).
Cosento 23:13, 19 January 2011 (GMT)
- It is probably best to update all the firmware and software to the latest version. I will give details on how to do this. Martin Hogbin 09:16, 20 January 2011 (GMT)
- I will give you prices when we meet. Martin Hogbin 09:17, 20 January 2011 (GMT)
- To update the Studio6 set the update server to: www.ourspaceship.com Martin Hogbin 16:43, 28 January 2011 (GMT)
- You can get the latest firmware for the RBNT from this wiki, you will also need to download and install the updater software in your PC. Martin Hogbin
Music Box 3 GUI
I am trying to get the GUI for the Music Box which I was told was on the unit itself under the clients folder - this folder is empty. Where else can I get this important piece of software? Adriansound 13:26, 27 January 2011 (GMT)
- That is most odd. How old is the MusicBox? What version of software is it running? Martin Hogbin 21:08, 27 January 2011 (GMT)
Not sure as I inherited an existing installation, I would guess around 4 years old. Software version is 3.24.
- I will look out the correct version for you and put it up on the wiki for you to download. Martin Hogbin 16:41, 28 January 2011 (GMT)
- Your MusicBox software is quite old but you could try version 1.11 which you can download from MusicBox_and_Studio6_control_software_clients It is under older versions. Martin Hogbin 23:43, 28 January 2011 (GMT)
OK i did all that and it works now, nut now the DisplayPadnt is not working proper, it keeps blinking so i cannot choose a source or turn on the zone. After i turned on the zone with the iPhone or software the DisplayPadnt works a liitle bit. Before the update it worked fine (DisplayPadnt
- I do not understand. Are you saying that installing the MusicBox client on your PC stopped a DisplayPadNT from working? Martin Hogbin 00:09, 8 February 2011 (GMT)
ColourPadNT software update.
Hi, I have found and downloaded the latest software update to the ColourPadNT units. However, we have 1 panel which I believe is the older Viogem version that has a mini SD card reader rather than a Micro SD one. Also, with this unit, in order to access the card reader, the unit needs to be removed from the wall. Is there a download link to the equivalent software update for this pad to provide a "heating" option for integration with Sensible Heat systems?. Many Thanks.
- I will check what the latest version of software is for the Viogem board and put it up on the wiki. Martin Hogbin 23:18, 2 February 2011 (GMT)
- Sorry, I have no answer yet. Martin Hogbin 23:37, 3 February 2011 (GMT)
Loading bluray discs on studio six
Is it possible to load & play bluray discs on the fantastic Studio six server Scott 11:34, 3 February 2011 (GMT)
- Firstly I must point out that copyright laws apply to most recorded media. Customers are advised are advised to acquaint themselves with the applicable law in their jurisdiction before copying anything.
- It is possible to copy Blu-ray discs on a PC using specialised software. Search on Google for this. The content can be saved as an mp4 file which can then simply be dragged and dropped into the 'user' folder on the Studio 6 over a network. Martin Hogbin 12:19, 3 February 2011 (GMT)
Upgrade RB4/MB3 to RB6/MB NT
We have a customer with a RoomBox 4 and a MusicBox 3 with Display (basic) Pads and a LC Output DAC (DIMP?) and is looking to control the music with a Mac. We are now looking at upgrading his system to a RB6 and MB NT.
This system was installed in late 2005 and what I was wondering was: If the only device that it may be feasible to control with the LC is the Pure DAB (DRX701ES). [rest via IR pass thru] -> Will the DPs be compatible with the RB6 -> Apart from the programming of the RB6, should it be as straight forward as swapping the two systems over. -> How do I erase all the music currently on the MB NT and -> How do I copy the music currently on the MB3 to the MB NT without asking the customer to re-rip all his music?
The software versions are as follows: RB6: v2.4 IR007 MB NT: v3.42
Are there any upgrades/patches for the software or hardware for the above that you envisage we have to do before installing the units?
Thanks in advance,
Majik 15:33, 3 February 2011 (GMT)
- You will need to update the IR chip for Pure DAB
- The DisplayPads currently fitted should be compatible with the RB6
- There is no way to erase all the Music on a MusicBox you would have to it by album from front panel or PC interface, the only other way is to send it to us.
- I think you can take the music files off the MusicBox via a network (I will check) onto a PC drive. You can take files from a PC and drop them into the import folder on the new MusicBox. Alternatively we could transfer the files for you.
- Once you have transferred the media to the new MBNT you could check out the Mac control on the new system before installing it. Martin Hogbin 22:38, 3 February 2011 (GMT)
Hi, I have, for reasons of compatibility, had to update all the firmwares in the studio6 and roombox NT in my install, and the displaypads have started to act oddly. I understand that a hardware chip is necessary to update the pads. I wold like to try ths, as it's one more thing to eliminate from the list of [possible problems causing instability. The syste comprises Roombox NT Studio6 Zone expander CVX-HD 2 x colourpad 8 x Displaypad
I have ow got the latest Philips Pronto muodule fully working, it browses and controls music on te sudio6, and selects sources, except that the source selection on both the pronto and the PCinterface is flaky, and variable. All the in wall cntrollers are non functional after the upgrades. I have the same trouble as above, I have colourpads that take mini SD and nee to be removed from the wall. These I can get to you for examination if that would help. Martin
- In the year or so before we took over the brand there was a flurry of software updates for all the products, with many versions of software being incompatible with other versions. As you suggest, it will probably be best to get everything up do date. It is the ColourPads and DisplayPads that will need updating. The DisplayPads will need new chips, which we can supply. I will get these ready for you.
- The ColourPads will be the older hardware with Viogem modules in them. They are updated by means of the mini-SD card in the top of the rear PCB. I will look out the software for these either in an SD card or as files that you can put on one. As an interim and diagnostic measure, you might consider temporarily replacing the ColourPads with VideoPads. Email me at email@example.com and I will let you know when the kit is ready. Martin Hogbin 12:30, 18 February 2011 (GMT)
Hi Martin, I have sent an email, about a week ago. Any news?
Is there any way of adjusting the input levels on a roombox 6 ? I have a I-pod that you have to turn up the volume loud and then when you switch to the tuner it blows your ears off!!
- Yes, in the PC configuration software you can adjust a setting called 'sensitivity' for each source. Martin Hogbin 09:10, 1 March 2011 (GMT)
Adding a CVX-HD to a RoomBox6
I have a RoomBox6 and am considering adding a CVX-HD. Which port does the CVX connect to when there is no dedicated CVX port installed on the RoomBox?
- We supply a special adapter and lead that allows the CVX to connect directly to the digital PCB within the RoomBox. Martin Hogbin 09:08, 1 March 2011 (GMT)
Martin, i have a roombox6, musicbox5 and a cvxs-hd, all is working fine but i have added a second sky box to the system and have plugged it in to the second hdmi port on the cvxs-hd and am failing to get any picture in any of the zones, the red led is lit on the hdmi port and the sky box is fine, source 1 is fine on the 1st sky box, just to check i configured source 3 (component connection) and everything works fine, any suggestions ? just to add i have sound but no picture so the source is being selected from the zones.
- That is a tricky one, it is hard to say what the problem might be. Have you tried plugging the first Sky box into the second HDMI input? By the way, if you type for tildes (~) after your message, the system will automatically sign and date it for you. Martin Hogbin 17:18, 15 March 2011 (GMT)
Martin tried as suggested, but no change, second sky box works fine in source1 and current working sky box as source2 no picture but still have sound. I'll reconfigure the system tonight to use source3 Component for the sky box as a temp measure. On a secondary note, is it possible to re chip a standard roombox6 colour pad to work with an NT system, i'm toying with upgrading to an NT box. Nutter965 14:25, 17 March 2011 (GMT)
- Maybe the HDMI module has a problem or maybe there is a config problem. You could try moving the module to input 3 and see if it works there. The ColourPads have different hardware and cannot be reprogrammed. Martin Hogbin 18:42, 17 March 2011 (GMT)
Swapped the module over to input 3 and the component connection works fine on source 2, haven't checked the hdmi in source 3 as yet, i'll keep you posted. Nutter965 12:56, 31 March 2011 (BST)
Roombox NT config errors
Hi Martin, more trouble I am afraid. Some of the sources dropped out of the system, so I have been called back. I now cannot program th roombox. It seems to not manage to upload all of the config. The program pauses for 10 seconds or so on upload, and the roombox sticks, with the message 'Loading data 01536 bytes loaded at 16384' That message remains until I disconnect in the coms menu. Then CD plays on the radio source, and the zone turns off when you play the CD. Suggestions welcome, but it sounds to me like the NT has gone faulty. I had a mind blowing amount of hassle connecting at all.
- I gather from your recent phone call that everything is now OK and that many of the problems were due to setting the number of titles field to zero for one of your sources. I will add a note on the config software page. Martin Hogbin 18:53, 17 March 2011 (GMT)
Correct, Martin. I am back at the site following up on other issues. The remaining Living Control problems are turning a zone off by IR control, and rather too frequent operation timeouts from the touchpads. It seems not to be able to handle commands at sufficient speed. I am hoping to disassemble the Prontoscript and extract an IP 'zone off' command. If we succeed in that, I will send you the pronto files. MAW 10:24, 22 March 2011 (GMT)
Delete films on studio6
When I log into the studio6 I can see all audio CD's and can delete when required (mac pro). I cannot find any reference to the many films I have on my system. How do I activate to see films and delete / add by computer Billgm 22:33, 17 March 2011 (GMT)
- I am not quite sure what you are doing here. Are you running our Mac client software or have you just navigated to the Studio 6 over your network. Martin Hogbin 13:57, 18 March 2011 (GMT)
I have navigated to the studio 6 over my network, I can see my music files in the music folders but no films in the user foldersBillgm 15:44, 18 March 2011 (GMT) I upgraded to studio6 from roombox3 and still have the roombox3.app to control from my mac pro and windows xp Can you send me the programme for studio6 I should then be able to delete unwanted files from there. Billgm 16:57, 18 March 2011 (GMT)
- You should find the client on your Studio 6 drive in a folder called 'clients'. Martin Hogbin 17:56, 18 March 2011 (GMT)
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Martin Hogbin 23:33, 18 March 2011 (GMT)
Martin when I capture a cd to the studio6 the system no longer captures the cd title or track tite, message is failed. This has only happened since I upgraded to ver 3.437.1Billgm 20:58, 27 March 2011 (BST)
- I think there is a problem or change at FreeDb.org, which is where we get our titles from. We are looking in to this. Martin Hogbin 22:57, 27 March 2011 (BST)
Room Box NT and Colour Pad Latest Software
Hi Martin, many thanks for you previous help, as mentioned previously (my last post) i am swapping over to an NT roombox, i would like to make sure its all up todate with the current software etc before i swap over as i would like it to be a seamless swap ! could you provide me with a link to the latest NT software and also the latest Colourpad software. would it be possible to make a list some where on the wiki that gives us a list of the current software releases for all the products ? Nutter965 09:46, 23 March 2011 (GMT)
- You will need the RoomBoxNT PC config software, the RoomBox NT firmware updater software, and the latest Roombox NT firmware. If you go to the RoomBox NT page you will see links to downloads to these items near the bottom of the page. Let me know if you have any problems. Martin Hogbin 10:08, 23 March 2011 (GMT)
Thanks Martin, Roombox updated, just to say the front panel says the version is 3.08 and the colour pads are saying the roombox is version 3.8 my colour pads must be older items as when there in their set up screen there isn't an update button, software versions are as follows - 18.104.22.1683 and 22.214.171.1248,
Nutter965 13:05, 24 March 2011 (GMT)
- The 3.08 and 3.8 are both the same and correct.
- If you want to update the ColourPads you can. There are two types and at the moment there are update instructions for one type only. I will add instructions for the other type soon. Look at ColourPad NT for info on what to do. Martin Hogbin 13:27, 24 March 2011 (GMT)
- Both types are up now. Martin Hogbin 14:10, 24 March 2011 (GMT)
Brilliant, system up to date and both colourpads now have one touch lighting with my Rako, just to add this is an easy task to complete if anyone is thinking of doing it just follow the instructions completely. Nutter965 10:55, 25 March 2011 (GMT)
- Thanks for your response and well done. Martin Hogbin 10:15, 26 March 2011 (GMT)
How do I set the clock? Jo 12:59, 28 March 2011 (BST)
Will the old MRS controller work with the Musicbox?
Is the old MRS room controller compatible with the various iterations of the Musicbox. If so which versions are compatible and what are the limitations if any.
- According to our records, MRS and Event V4.1 is compatible with all MusicBoxes. You will not have any of the NT features such as complete system control from iPhone etc although you will be able to control the MusicBox itself from PC and iPhone. Martin Hogbin 14:14, 29 March 2011 (BST)